You may have noticed we’ve been somewhat quiet recently. Like most of the world, we’ve been locked down and doing our bit to stay safe and help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic. We hope you’ve all been keeping safe and well.
At Baby Shoots Photography our priority is first and foremost the safety of our customers. Following the onset of the 2020 Coronavirus situation, we were among the first studios to temporarily close – even before the official government lockdown restrictions came into force. We felt this was the safest and most appropriate thing to do, regardless of the inevitable impact on our business.
As restrictions are eased, we’ve been keeping a close eye on proceedings and guidance from professional organisations both within our industry and others that have similar contact risks to our own. As we re-open, we’ll continue to follow the latest guidelines available so we can operate in the safest manner possible.
The policies and procedures we’ll be following in order to operate in the safest way possible are as follows.
Yes – we’re open again!
Firstly, we’re very pleased to announce that we are once again open for business, and are currently looking forward to creating many more beautiful images for our customers! 🙂
Please note: all bookings will be spaced apart to allow time for additional cleaning/hygiene procedures between sessions. As such we’ll be operating at a reduced capacity, so if you’re planning a session we recommend booking early to ensure that we can fit you in.
What measures are we taking with regard to COVID 19?
We are adhering to current government advice to help prevent the spread of COVID 19, to protect you, your family and ourselves. Clearly, this is an ongoing situation and still subject to further changes, so we ask all our customers to read the following guidelines carefully before booking.
Before your session
- If you or your child have been in contact with anyone with a cough or fever or if you feel unwell (even mildly) before your session, please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. We understand this may be inconvenient but it is of the utmost importance that we do not allow the virus into our studio. Please note that basic contact information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
- Important: we maintain the right to turn away clients with no refund or offer of an alternative session if you are, or appear to be unwell when you arrive at the studio. This is to protect you, us and our future clients.
- In order to minimise the number of people coming into our Studio, only family members who are being photographed or are necessary for the session (usually parents) will be permitted inside the Studio. We recommend siblings do not attend newborn sessions at this time unless absolutely necessary. However, it may be possible to arrange for a family member to bring a sibling at the end of the session if needed, whereupon the adult will be asked to remain outside the studio or wait in the car.
- All customers visiting the Studio should come directly from their home without visiting other people or shopping etc en-route.
- Important: You are choosing to visit our studio at your own risk. If you or your family are in a high-risk category, or have been shielding and would prefer to reschedule your photoshoot for a time after the Coronavirus pandemic has calmed, please contact us and we’ll accommodate wherever possible.
During your session
- All sessions are strictly by appointment, with no exceptions.
- Wherever possible and practical a 2m social distance will be adhered to, with a 2m boundary clearly marked within the client area of our studio.
- Due to the nature of our work, there are times when it is necessary to work closer than 2m from the subject (such as during newborn and baby sessions where we will be posing, comforting and keeping baby safe and secure). During such times we will wear suitable PPE including face masks and gloves, and protective face visors when appropriate. Close contact will be kept to a minimum wherever possible.
- Face masks will be worn by everyone inside the studio at all times, except while being photographed.
- High alcohol hand sanitiser will be available both at our Studio entrance and inside the Studio. All customers will be required to sanitise their hands on arrival, and we will be washing hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before, during and after each session.
- Please leave anything not needed for your session in your car. Coats and bags must be left in the studio lobby.
- Customers will have access to toilet facilities but for the time being at least, we will no longer be providing refreshments, cups or mugs during your photoshoot. You are welcome to bring your own refreshments, but we would ask that you bag up any rubbish and take this home with you. Parents will need to change nappies and bag them to take away with them.
After your session
- All studio surfaces will be sanitised, floors will be vacuumed, cleaned & mopped, and the Studio will be fully aired after each session. We will also schedule a minimum of 24 hours between each session.
- All blankets, wraps, outfits and props used during your session will be washed immediately following the session. Any hard props used will be sanitised using antibacterial products, and soft props or items that are unsuitable for repeated washing (crochet teddy bears, delicate hair bands etc) will be removed from use for a minimum of 72 hours after use.
Older babies and children
- Because we’ll be wearing masks and therefore our faces will be mostly hidden, it may be more difficult for us to interact with your little one than normal – particularly with our focus being on safety and reducing the risk of infection. We recommend practising peekaboo games with a mask on before you visit the studio.
- Because young children are inquisitive by nature, it will be your responsibility to ensure they’re kept safe by observing social distancing and discouraging them from touching things, to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID 19.
- Younger children can sometimes be difficult to manage in a higher risk situation, so if you feel they cannot cope we advise postponing your session until restrictions ease further.
What happens if COVID affects my session?
- In the event that your photo session is affected by Coronavirus, we’ll do our very best to reschedule a new session at an appropriate time, taking into account gaps in between photoshoots, types of photoshoot/client and time-sensitivity of particular shoots.
- If government guidelines and restrictions mean we cannot carry out your session, we will postpone or offer you an alternative photo shoot session. The alternative session offered may be different from the session you originally booked but will be a lovely photoshoot for you to look forward to.
A final note…
We realise that all these precautions may sound scary to some, or overkill to others. We want to reassure our customers that their safety is of the utmost importance to us, so of course, we take this very seriously. However, we’d also like to remind you that any photo session will become a truly cherished memory over the years to come – so we want your visit to be the really enjoyable experience a visit to Baby Shoots has always been. We look forward to meeting you and your little ones, and creating those once in a lifetime memories for you very soon. 🙂
Karen & Rob. x